Saturday 14 April 2018

Cycling: A Sporting Moment in Time

A few weeks ago we brought our bikes to school for a safety check. We worked with Constable Joss and our signs for when we are biking on the road or on the foot path. After biking we started to write about it. We used present tense to make the reader feel like he/she are actually there. Here is my writing.


Finally we start biking through and around the court. As I whizz through the middle of the court felling like I am in a sports car. We start to do a course. When we start to cycle on the course, it is really well made. I’m racing to the ramp feeling like I am in a RACE! When I fly up the ramp again, I feel like I can touch the clouds. The other jump look easy but really they are not that easy. So I just race as fast and I can and clear the jump like I am nearly going to fly out of space. I skid around the cone and bolted over the ladder. At the end I try to do another skid. When I put the brakes on, I nearly did a skid and instead I made a awesome parking like a car.

We buddy up and practiced our signals riding through the middle of the court. My seat is as hard as metal, but when I push my hands into it, it feels like foam. “Oh no, my chain cover broke!” No worries it doesn’t do much, it just protects the chain from dirt and mud.

Back to the course. Same thing over and over but… “AHHHHH!” I failed the jump and fell off the ramp. I feel nervous going over the next one and I cleared it again but just before you know it I SMASH, to the ground making my bike slower as I dashed past the cone. Over the bumpy ladder, a little bit o zig zag. All of a sudden in line again. Waiting and waiting as I chatter to my friends and at the time it my turn to rush around the track. Ramp number one is a cleared jump for me, and ramp number two… “NOOOOO NOT AGAIN!” As the chain scraps my leg skin and flows to the ground. “OUCHH!” Waiting in line trying not to scream about the chain scraping my leg. As I chatter to my friends making me feel better. I think I am about to start a race, I pretend I’m on a motorbike, VROOM VROOM, like I could be a SUPERSTAR flipping through the air. SMACK! I hit the ground. I then go around a cone, bump, bump, crack, on the ladder. Then a little zig zag, and back at the start again. We have now finished and It’s time for Constable Joss to leave. I had so much fun biking and learning things to do when you bike on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora
    My name is Jaeda in Te Waka Ako at Waikowhai primary School. I really liked your paragraphs they were very detailed and exiting. Maybe next time you could check your spelling so it could make more sense.
    If you would like to see my blog here is my address!
    http://wpsjaedaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.