Wednesday 9 May 2018

What is Orange Poem

In room five for writing we have been writing poems. One of the poems are "What is Orange?" For this poem we had to pick a colour and make our poem. My buddy Blake and I picked the colour black. Blake and I tried to make our poem relate to our colour which was easy but the rhyming part was hard because we couldn't find many rhymes that made sense. Here is our poem


What Is Black?
Could black be batman?
Or could it be a ninja?
Maybe a shadow
Of a ginger ninja,
Blacker than the night sky
Would you like to say hi
Or will it be a good-bye
Blacker than a bright light
Blacker than a funeral
Blackberries are black
Black like a black blanket
Black basketballs that bounce high,
And black soccer balls with a black and
yellow pattern on them
Blacker than a black cat
Blacker than a trampoline mat
A Black cave
A black hole
A big black Thunder cloud
Dropping black raindrops,
Black as a bat
Or a piece of coal for
The naughty children
Screaming in the blackout of movie theatre

2 comments:

  1. Great poem Deakyn! You described everything so well. My favourite part is probably the "shadow of a ginger ninja". I'm just not quite sure how the part where it says "would you like to say hi" and "or would it be goodbye, fits into the poem that well. What is your favourite part of your poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive comment Solly. The part I like the most is "or a piece of coal for the naughty children screaming in the blackout movie theatre." I was not so sure about the would you like to say hi or would it be a goodbye either, because my buddy added that in and I added in would it be a goodbye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.