Wednesday 22 April 2020

Anzac Activity

For this activity we had to read about a war leader called Colonel William Malone. We had to read a paragraph about him and list down five things that shows he had the quality to be a leader. After we had listed down those five things, we had to write about someone that seems like a leader to us. We had to list down a few things on why they were a leader to us. I chose Jonah Lomu as my leader. Here is my writing.

In my opinion Colonel William Malone was a very good leader trying to protect his men at all costs. He was always getting prepared knowing that the war would come sooner or later. He studied and he got into a routine everyday just to get ready for war and fight for his country. Even just as the war was declared to happen he volunteered and ended up getting being made commander of the Wellington Infantry Battalion. He had one of the best reputations at being a great war leader. My leader would have to none other than Jonah Lomu. He was one of the best All Blacks in history and he was my favourite rugby player. Jonah Lomu was also one of the fastest and strongest rugby players of all time. He also played for my favourite international rugby team the All Blacks. One day I hope I can be just as good as him and try to push myself as much as he pushed himself. Jonah Lomu is my inspiration and he always will be. He is a leader to me.

1 comment:

  1. He was a very good rugby player wasn't he Deakyn. I remember watching him fend off so many players and then score all the time. He was very generous too. Some great attributes of a leader. If you keep practising as hard as you do you can make it into the All Blacks.
    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.